Monday, October 6, 2008

Children, Nature, Books....

What is a child?
When I think back to my child hood, I think of many things. I was a free spirit with an endless imagination. My imaginary friends and I would play to no end. Our sense of time was inexistent. At this time, my mind was not clouded with worry of the vast problems within the clutches of humanity. I was able to jump into the fairy tales I read, with no doubt that my life might someday reflect one of those fairy tales. It was easy to be the Little Mermaid from Walt Disney. I was not at all concerned with turning into sea foam. Childhood then is exemplified by innocent carelessness, worry free dreaming, and the unawareness of the truths of human nature.

What is nature?
Nature is not just the trees, the birds, the air we breathe; the grass we lay upon…Nature is a reference to much more than that. Nature can be an infinite amount of things that we are completely unaware of. Humans are infatuated with sexual nature, behavioral nature, and other instances of ordinary processes of psychological behavior. Therefore, nature is not limited to physical aspects of the world. Nature is a very unique balance of what is real, and what is unreal.

What is a book?
A book is much like nature. A book flirts with many aspects of life dealing with the real and unreal. A book is a linguistically complex element of humanity’s portal to information, imagination, nature, and basically all elements of the world around us. A book, like nature and a child, is not subjective to one single definition. Instead, one must consider that a book, nature, a child, is defined by the inability to define them without concern.

No comments: