Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching Up from weeks of Slacking!!!!!

Additional Texts to Enrich Children's Classical Literature:
The Feminine in Fairy Tales
From the Beast to the Blonde: On Fairy Tales and Their Tellers
Fairy Tales and After: From Snow White to E.B. White
Little Red Riding Hood Unlocked
Peppers at the Gates of Dawn: The Wisdom of Children's Literature
Iona and Peter Opi: The Classic Fairy Tale
Alice in Wonderland
Cinderella A Casebook
Little Red Riding Hood
Don't Tell the Grown-ups

Throughout this class, I have become obsessed with the idea of there being "no original" story. I have carried on my obsession with fairy tales into another class, English 339, where I will be creating a multi genre project on the unique fascination of Fairy Tales and the world. While conferencing with my professor in our weekly writing groups, she mentioned a book that conveyed that there are only seven types of plots in the entire literature world. This caught my attention, therefore, I looked it up on the world wide web. The website that I found is most interesting! This website gives us a narrow perspective on a book by Christopher Booker called, The Seven Basic Plots: Why We Tell Stories. VERY INTERESTING STUFF!!!!!
URL: http://fiction-plots-pacing.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_seven_basic_plots

No comments: